Terms & Conditions
Associates of the
Society for Editors
Terms & Conditions
- This contract covers an agreement between the partnership business called "WriteItClearly.com" and its customers.
- Customers will request work from WriteItClearly.com on any of the following activities:
- A work request to WriteItClearly.com will come from a customer via:
- The website www.writeitclearly.com
- A work request on the website will ask for the following information:
- Full name
- Full postal address
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Document title
- Whether it's writing / editing / proofreading / typing
- Method of sending: e-mail or post
- Agreement to these terms and conditions
- Preferred method of payment (Paypal or cheque)
- Work will be taken on by the partnership business in the following manner:
- Upon receiving a work request, the assignment will be assessed by a Work Manager.
- A fee and time scale shall be sent to the customer.
- Upon acceptance of the fee and time scale an invoice shall be sent to the customer.
- The customer shall pay by either Paypal or by cheque.
- Upon receipt of the money work shall begin.
- The completed assignment will be e-mailed in all cases possible (or sent by first class post if not) by the manager to the customer as specified.
- Time scales shall provided upon receipt of the required work, but the following give you a rough guide:
A minimum of two days, plus:
- Writing: One day per 2,000 words or part
- Editing from electronic copy: One day per 5,000 words or part
- Editing from typed copy: One day per 2,500 words or part
- Editing from hand-written copy: One day per 2,000 words or part
- Proofreading from electronic copy: One day per 20,000 words or part
- Proofreading from typed copy: One day per 4,000 words or part
- Proofreading from hand-written copy: One day per 3,000 words or part
- Typing: One day per 10,000 words or part
- Charges: A quote will be provided upon receipt of the work.
N.B. There is a minimum charge of £10.
- In most cases, a 20% deposit will be required within four days of work starting.
- Final payment is due within 30 days of the invoice being sent out.
- If, after 30 days, payment has not been received, then a reminder will be sent for payment within the next 7 days.
- If payment has still not been received after the further 7 days, then 10% will be added to the invoice, which must then be paid within the next 7 days.
- If payment has still not been received after the further 7 days, then WriteItClearrly.com reserves the right to begin legal action to receive the payment.
- WriteItClearly.com takes no responsibility for the content of what it receives in terms of company confidentiality.
- WriteItClearly.com takes no responsibility for the content of what it receives in terms of the facts within, but will not distort those facts.
- WriteItClearly.com promises not to disclose contents to a third party
- If a customer has a complaint about the work, then it should be submitted by e-mail to the Work Manager. Complaints will be answered with 14 days of receipt.
- Note that any matters not covered by these terms and conditions will be decided upon by the partners at WriteItClearly.com.